Monday, December 21, 2009

A labor of love or temporary insanity

It all started when I inherited my grandmother's recipe box. I started thinking about all the stories she had told me about her childhood. I wished I had thought to record her words before Alzheimer's took her memories. I thought about how those stories would soon be lost if no one wrote them down. I though about my grandfather and the cracked nursery rhymes he taught us when we were little. About my dad telling his three littlest grandsons the story of the "3 Billy Goats Gruff".

It made me sad to think that all these stories were lost when they passed away. So here I am trying in my own inept way to record these family memories to pass on to my children and my grandchildren and hopefully all the generations to come.

Don't ask me who said it but someone once said, "You can't know where you are going if you don't know where you've been."

I invite you to join me as I explore where we've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment